[IRCA] TA/TP Wed/Thurs

I again remembered to check for traces of TA last night, and started at 0438 utc. 738 with very poor aural het, 1566 with very poor het, 1008 with just traces heard. But 1008 gradually came up and made "very poor" at 0443 and was stronger than 783 briefly then faded away and didn't return. 1566 made "very poor/poor" at 0447. By 0500 all were in a fade but at 0502utc 783 was heard again, the other two gone. A later check at 0612 utc had 783 at occasional weak level, but nowhere close to producing audio. Static was the worst in several weeks, hitting S9+30 at LF in AM mode but even then I could detect a weak het on 171.

This Thursday morning a local storm was producing heavy static even at 1710kc, obscuring listening. But there were lots of MW hets. 738 was better with presumed Tahiti with weak voice at 1154 utc. 891 with two DU stations, poor, at 1158 utc peaking for one station to weak/medium at 1203. 738 was the last heard at 1215 utc. 1710 Russian was very poor this morning; I never heard any audio, just a medium het everytime I checked.

Steve
NE Oregon