Re: [IRCA] Fwd: Topband: new product at Dayton

At 09:37 AM 5/24/2009, you wrote:
>This was posted on the Topband list.  It looks like a commercial product to create a reversible Beverage antenna, presumably similar to the dual wire system described in at least one of Harold Beverage's original articles describing his antenna.
>

>>Gary, KD9SV has a new reversible beverage system that uses old military
>>WD1 or WD-1A Field Telephone Wire. I had a roll of that stuff years ago and
>>it is really tough.  He also has a twisted wire version. He sells the wire as
>>well but I bet you can find it around for cheap.  Gary had some results of
>>Independent tests that show the reverse direction is very good.
>>
>>http://www.radio-ware.com/products/sv2bevsys.htm

Looks like a beautiful piece of hardware.  For us on the west coast, I'm not sure how often it would be useful, though.  The majority of times we're interested in a single direction only.  I'd have to think about where I would use the dual direction before forking over the $99....Walt