Re: [IRCA] Another night with the 1710 west coast signal

At 12:16 AM 5/23/2009, you wrote:
>Steve,
>
>It is quite decent here on peaks S-5 and little noise. It sounds like it
>may be some relay of a Russian station. This is not some "kid"
>operation. The audio may be off the internet. The station does sound
>like a full fledged relay of a Russian station, good modulation and
>audio.
>But where it is, who knows???But it sure sounds good. I kind of wish it
>was local to me as the music format is very enjoyable.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

I can comment from what I heard Thursday night:  This is not a local relay of a Russian (from Russia) station.  This is a locally produced program.  I've got a pretty good understanding of the style of Russian stations, and this simply doesn't fit the mould at all.  I agree with Patrick that it's quite professional sounding, though.  My guess is that it's US produced for Russian recent immigrants to the US....Walt