Re: [IRCA] 1710

I'm getting the same thing in Seattle. It sounds like a woman taking at threshold level, but it's not strong enough to ID the language.

Obviously not a Russian Far East station at this hour, but I'm not sure what else it could be. .

Bruce

D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Walt, Rick, Patrick & Steve,
I have a moderate carrier and weak modulation on 1710 kHz currently (0428) on the 30" loopstick ICF-2010, and the signal is not coming from N-S, but almost exactly E-W, possibly from Tacoma. Will make efforts to boost up the signal with some of the new loops here. 73, Gary In a message dated 5/21/2009 9:24:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Walt,  Rick, Steve,

It is coming in here about like last night/early this  morning, a woman
in Russian and music. But it is the best off the NE EWE,  not audible off
the Eastern Beverage, poorer off the SW EWE and weak off the NW EWE.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL  Manager