Re: [IRCA] FOR SALE --Drake R8. Sony 2010, Tentec RX320

Re: [IRCA] FOR SALE --Drake R8. Sony 2010, Tentec RX320

Hi Kevin,

The typical ICF-2010 "Error 3" indication comes from a poor or corroded
negative (ground) connection between the battery slot's spring connector and
an  adjacent circuit board. Since this connection is not soldered but relies
only on mechanical contact from spring pressure, over time, the  connection
becomes corroded and unreliable. Any 2010 that operates OK on a power
adapter but has an "Error 3" on batteries is most likely suffering from  this
problem, which is an easy fix once the mechanical connection is cleaned up
and the spring pressure restored (or the connection soldered, a permanent
solution).

73, Gary

In a message dated 5/15/2009 8:07:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dc2daylight@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>  I agree with Walt. My three 2010's all had an "Error 3" indication,
> and all
>  were bought very cheaply on eBay because of  this-- and easily
> repaired.
> I'd be  happy to work  on yours for free.

What did you do to fix it? Seems like a mechanical  problem to  me.

Kevin

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org

Steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/p
romoclk/100126575x1221823239x1201398650/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May
Excfooter51509NO62)