Re: [IRCA] Trip to NY

> > 1550  WLFP  PA  Reserve Township noted silent 2/4, 1700, 1730 & other
> > tiimes as we drove by Pittsburgh.  They were on when we were in
> > Pittsburgh 11/3/08.  Anybody know if this is more or less permanent,
> > or just a transmitter breakdown.  They seemed to be little more than
> > a "Lifestyle Radio" relay the times I've heard them  over the period
> > 1/15/08-11/3/08.
>
> WLFP 1550 is owned by Business Talk Radio of Greenwich, CT so I
> wouldn't expect them to be anything more then a relay of Business Talk
> or Life Talk Radio

WXBR-1460 in Brockton, MA is also owned by BTR.   On weekends they do have a
lot of local programming, and weekdays local high school and farm league
baseball.  They seem to use the BTR and LTR satellite feeds as fill-in for
time they don't sell.

I have reason to believe BTR is financially challenged, so having WLFP-1550
off the air would not surprise me.

One thing that is weird is that WXBR does not show on the BTR or LTR web
site station lists.  I do know as a fact that they own WXBR.  I put in the
02905 Zip Code for Providence and got Boston, Cape Cod area and CT stations.
No WXBR.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI