[IRCA] GOOD NEWS- WGOL-AM Stereo 920 Update!

[IRCA] GOOD NEWS- WGOL-AM Stereo 920 Update!

Since someone on an email list recently mentioned that WGOL wasn't
broadcasting in stereo anymore, I decided to take it upon myself and
check into it.

This note came to me this morning directly from WGOL's
Engineer/Technical Assistant..

"WGOL's stereo signal is still on the air. The webstream however, is run in mono

The WGOL transmitter is a Broadcast Electronics AM1A that has never
given us a minute of trouble.  The stereo processor is a CRL Amigo AM.
 The WKAX transmitter is a Harris Gates One that has been much less
reliable.  It has an Inovonics 235 processor.  There are three
Inovonics processors on the studio side of the STL, two of course for
WGOL and one for WKAX.

The station's websites are at http://www.wgolam.com and
http://www.wkaxam.com  but do note, only WGOL streams it's classic
country format. WKAX doesn't stream it's Christian country format.

There you have it, WGOL is still, in fact, broadcasting in stereo.
Whoever reported it as not in stereo, must've been mistaken or had a
problem with their radio.

Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
www.onairdj.com