Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 8:50 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] WCTN-950 DX test - Tentative in Indianapolis

I *may* have heard this one.  Not enough to count, so just a tentative
(I don't even put those in my logbook).  I have a local (WXLW) that only
uses 117 watts at night but I'm just inside of their night pattern.
They really drop out just a few miles North of my QTH.  At any rate I
fired up the Eton e-100 at 2356 EDT and listened under and in WXLW's
slight null and did not hear anything special at the TOH.  After about
0005, I noticed some oldies / 70's music underneath WXLW.  Definitely
could not recognize the songs except for general format.  Gave up at
0020.  I did catch Reloj at one point and an unID talker WAY down in the
weeds.

Without CW or sweeps and WXLW very strong (stronger than normal?) this
one was doomed for me.  Since there were no special effects for "help,"
maybe they coulda played The Five Americans "Western Union." :)

Thanks for the test and to Brandon for letting us know.  Short notice is
better than no notice!

t950 WCTN MD Potomac - Cabin John 4/10 0015 DX Test.  Caught some unID
oldies/70's music way under local WXLW.  No ID.  Thanks for the shot.
Reloj and maybe WWJ underneath. DH-IN

EDT - Eton e-100 barefoot

73,
Dave in Indy