Re: [IRCA] WCTN-950 DX test

On Friday 10 April 2009 00:58, Mike Brooker wrote:
> WCTN-950 getting hammered by WWJ, noted at 0013 with "AM 950 WCTN"
> jingle into "Midnight train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight and the
> Pips.

I heard some motown-type music starting around 0010, a possible WCTN
ID, then more music of the same ilk.  All very marginal and
tentative.  Some code and sweeps would've cut through the crud like a
knife!

Dominant was WIBX (with Bohannon), a huge pest here with their big
northern nighttime lobe.  I had them nulled, but that probably
knocked back WCTN too, as they're roughly in the same direction.
Also heard was WROC with ESPN, and WWJ.  Also, some oddities.  At
around 0025, a "WRUF, Gainesville, Florida" ID popped up - of course,
they're on 850.  It was probably an item on the JimBo program.  And,
between 0022 and 0030, I had classical music - sounded like a piano
concerto.  CFAM, maybe?

Thanks for running the test - hope to see another one sometime!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON