Re: [IRCA] The 980 Western Mysteries Continue

Re: [IRCA] The 980 Western Mysteries Continue

Barry McLarnon wrote:
I was wondering about KHOS too... although their license was cancelled, there are still a lot of references to them on the net, showing them on the air with religious content. It wouldn't be the first time a deleted station remained on the air... one current example is WJCC-1700, heard a few days ago by Chris Black. And I think there's one in Michigan, but the call and frequency escape me right now.

I wish I was close enough to join in the hunt!

Barry
The Michigan sttaion was WOLY-1500 Battle Creek. According to a 12/29/08 document on the FCC website, the Commission lowered their fine from $10,000 to $5,000 but otherwise re-re-reaffirmed the decision to revoke the station's license.