Re: [IRCA] Wi-Fi legality (OT)

Most of you live in cities or at least metro areas where there are big
companies with lots of money. Clatsop County is a very poor county with
only 36K population. There are good things about living here, but we
don't have the "extras" many other places have. DX is good because of
the location and low noise level. No high power radio stations. . Few
computers, so there is no computer noise. But if we want to go to a
Waltmart, Best Buy, Target, a concert, Sports event, etc, you go to
Portland or Seattle. DSL is another luxury I don't have here out in the
country, but we do have the older noisy cable lines and again with
Charter Cable in Chapter 11, I doubt anything will change in that
regard. Also, all of the electric & cable lines are all underground and
they aren't going pull those out of the ground.  At least powerline
noise is very low. When the cable company reran the lines back in the
90s, they ran them underground closer to my house, so any hook ups close
by I could hear the TVI.  In the past they were across the road and were
not an issue. Thank goodness, most people now have Dish or Direct with
no TVI.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin