From: Paul Crankshaw <paulc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] How much ground for a EWE?
Date: Tuesday, 10 March, 2009, 8:29 PM

It all depends on your ground conditions I suppose but gentle hammering of 4 ft
copper pipe works here.

Although the ewe reduces signals from the rear well, I would suggest you
consider a flag.

I'm only able to run the flag with the bottom wire lying on the ground, and
fed at the bottom rather than midway down the downward legs - otherwise it would
be an obstruction. It should be raised up clear of the ground - but I still get
a far better null with this compromise than with the ewe.

Of course the more copper you put in the ground the better the null on the ewe
should become.

Paul

Brandon Jordan wrote:

> I'm planning on sitting up a few EWE's over the next few weekends.
How much ground rod do EWEs require? Would 4' copper pipe be sufficient?

> Also, does anyone have any advice on a easy way to put a copper pipe in
the ground? I believe I read something years ago about using a garden hose
connected to the copper pipe and the water allows you put the ground rod in
without hammering. Of course, I may have just dreamed this up :)

editors, publishing staff, or officers