Re: [IRCA] Talking House

I actually have a Talking house, too... the kind Patrick describes, that
look like a VCR.

Using a portable radio.... if you run the wire antenna up the wall, you'll
get about 500 feet or so. On a car radio, you'll see 1000 feet or so.

If you have lots of obstructions in your way (unlike me) or poor ground
conductivity (unlike me), your signal will be even worse.

If you can put the Talking House next to a window and snake the wire antenna
outside you'll fare much better.

I've looked all over for those Range Extender kids, with the antenna tuning
unit and antenna.. and can't find them. They would improve your range quite
a bit. HOWEVER.. Talking House, etc et al.. will NOT sell them to you if you
didn't get your unit directly from them

The audio on them is OK, not great.. but Ive heard worse.

Paul Walker
www.onairdj.com