Re: [IRCA] Image Frequency Question

Hi Paul,

Noted, but going from 5kw to 235w would still have the intermod present, but
it would be so week that no one would be able to hear it any more.

JM

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:51:54 -0600, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote
> Ty's 730 isn't a daytimer, it is actually 5KW Day/235W Non Directional.
>
> Both 730 and 1240 spew IBOC hash and theyre on the same tower.
>
> Paul Walker
> www.onairdj.com
>
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 7:47 PM, <kj8o@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Here in the Detroit Michigan area, we have at least one intermod:
> >
> > FM band: 98.7 + 105.9 = 204.6 / 2 = 102.3 and due to the capture effect
> >   on FM, only the stronger of the two signals (98.7) is heard. Both
> >   transmitters are approx. 5 miles apart from each other.
> >
> > And as a side note, back to the original request, I'd look at 730 + 970 =
> > 1700 / 2 = 850, especially if 73 is a daytimer and if it is heard on more
> > than radio.
> >
> > Good job, and 73 de Joe, KJ8O, Troy, MI

> > > Most likely a mixing (intermod) product with your local on 910.
> > > 2 x 910 - 970 = 850
> > >
> > > 2 x 910 - 730 = 1090, which gives you your other mixing product
> > >
> > > Here in Calgary I get a few of these from our 50 kW locals on 660,
> > > 770, 910, 960, 1010, 1060, 1140:
> > >
> > > 2 x 660 - 770 = 550
> > >
> > > 2 x 960 - 1060 = 860
> > >
> > > 2 x 1140 - 1060 = 1220
> > >
> > > are the worst
> > >
> > > 73,
> > >
> > > Deane McIntyre VE6BPO
> > > Calgary AB
> > >
> > > _

> original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
> the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

-- Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
--- WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ---