From: "Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH" <sean.gilbert@xxxxxxxx>
To: "WRTH International Editor" <sean.gilbert@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 09:49:27 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Subject: [Cumbre DX] Late delivery of WRTH

I have noticed that quite a few people are/have had problems with the
delivery of WRTH2009. The publisher is also aware of this and has asked me
to send the following explanation:

"We are very sorry for the delay in shipping of WRTH 2009 by Amazon.com.
Copies of the book reached the Port of New York on December 16. They were
trucked from there in a sealed container direct to the distribution center
in Virginia, USA. They should, and could easily have been, released from
there before Christmas. For some reason they did not get released
*officially* until January 15. We think they were actually released on
February 2.

We are aware that the late delivery to Amazon has also had an impact on
readers and clubs all over the world who ordered from Amazon.com or from
websites who do so.

This is the worst distribution performance ever in any country for any
edition of WRTH. Next year we will be using a different distribution system.

Nicholas Hardyman
Publisher
World Radio TV Handbook
--------------------------------------
I can only apologise for the distribution problems from Amazon. You can
order direct from our website http://www.wrth.com as well as your usual
sources.

Regards,
Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH (World Radio TV Handbook)
Web: http://www.wrth.com
Email: sean.gilbert@xxxxxxxx

Visit our web site at http://www.cumbredx.org/

-- Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
--- WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ---