[IRCA] NE EWE Antenna

The new NE EWE is up and running. I got it installed just before dusk
tonight. First impressions, it works well!  Edmonton & Calgary are all
over the dial. Name a frequency, they are either dominant or really on
top. Like 580 is CKUA, no Boise, unless it is buried in the jumble. CHQR
770 was on top of Seattle. They used to be uncommon. Not now.  Noise,
none. It seems to be a very quiet antenna. It has more gain than I
thought it would at 14X40X40. Maybe I can finally log some of those
Eastern BC GYers I need now. I heard NPR mixing with Dawson Creek 890,
so I presume Homer AK.
   This is going to be fun. It remains to be seen how well the antenna
will work on any TA openings, as I am still uncomfortable with the small
size.  I may beable to squeeze out another 5 feet in length, as I could
place a piece of PVC pipe from the tree over a bit farther.
   One minor concern I have is, that this is the first time I have ran
an antenna over to the corner of the house and the PVC pipe can be
easily seen from the road. I hope no one complains. But it is up and
running. I only have one 5 foot copper pipe in the ground on each end at
the moment. I will add another on each end in the next few days, but I
did want to get it up and running.
  Since we do have a lot wind here at times, I decided to drill a hole
in the PVC pipe than runs inside a bigger piece, so if needed, I can
lower the pipe down to below the roof and behind the house.
   The antenna runs at about 20 degrres magnetic North, so it is aimed
around 35 degrees true North. I need a def on CFYK 1340 Yellowknike, so
maybe this will do that too. It is sure aimed well.
   As I always said, I am really sold on the EWE antennas.

73,

Patrick