Re: [IRCA] unid ESPN station on 1150

At 10:50 PM 1/29/2009, you wrote:
>Walt,
>
>You'll recall that I was also on a DXpedition to Grayland on Dec. 30th. I
>just pulled up my WAV file recordings of the band for 1100 UTC and checked
>1150 kHz. Like you, I heard an ESPN station without ID at the top of the
>hour. However, I continued to listen and skipped ahead every 15 seconds or
>so, spot-checking the content.
>
>The ESPN network went into the "Mike and Mike" show, and then carried sports
>updates by another announcer around 1106. However, by 1107 their signal was
>fading and I heard a co-channel station with ID for "Alternative Talk 11-50
>AM, KKNW" (Seattle).
>
>Then the ESPN station was back on top and went into local ads and
>announcements. I heard an ad for a store that was mentioned as "the best in
>Kelowna", and another place that is "right across the street from Kelowna
>Kia". At 1109, they did a promo and invited listeners to call their news tip
>line at "868-4720", which matches the tip line phone number listed at
>www.am1150.ca; they also gave this Web address over the air immediately
>after that. Then the promo: "You're listening to ESPN on News-Talk-Sports,
>AM 1150". This matches the logo/masthead on CKFR's Web site.
>
>So, thanks to the Perseus "time machine", your unid. is solved!
>
>73,
>
>Guy Atkins
>Puyallup, WA
>www.perseus-sdr.blogspot.com

Guy, what a wonderful use for Perseus!  Mystery solved!  My clips were just 3 minutes each from :59 to :02 past each hour, so no way I could get that ID.  I thought it could be the Canadian, but without your input, I could not be certain.  To everyone, Perseus is truly a "time machine" and every bit as good as being there at the dials "live"!  In fact, it's something that can be enjoyed time and time again!......Walt.