[IRCA] KEOR-1120, KGNO-1370, WCKY-1530, WVON-1690

[IRCA] KEOR-1120, KGNO-1370, WCKY-1530, WVON-1690

All times here are in UT: subtract 6 hours for CST

** OKLAHOMA. Off-again, on-again: KEOR, 1120, Catoosa/Sperry/Tulsa, was again being heard at 2150 UT Jan 20, with the same limited playlist of oldies; already losing out to KMOX, about 7 Hz away; pause at 2158 but no legal ID audible tho they have done so in the past. Around 2210 it was the whistling ``Westminster Cathedral`` (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Earlier this month I could not hear KGNO 1370 Dodge City KS in the daytime, as I used to, and figured it must have been silent. But it`s back now, altho heard via skywave, Jan 28 at 0720 UT with ID as ``AM Gold Radio 1370, KGNO``. And enjoyable music such as a 1960s version of Carole King`s ``Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow``; ``America`` by Simon & Garfunkel; ``Expressway to your Heart``, ``Gimme Some Lovin``` and something by The Temptations. Lots of QRM, but generally dominating the channel.

Also presumably same heard at 1514 UT still with heavy skywave CCI --- sounds like a regional channel, which it is. Now playing Ray Stevens` ``Ahab, the A-rab``, 1520 ``We May Never Pass This Way Again`` by Seals & Croft.

New format, no longer sports/talk as in 2008-2009 NRC AM Log. Night power supposed to be only 230 watts vs day power 5000, non-direxional day and night, which is a bit of a rarity. Maybe grandfathered; it is an old station. Here`s Ernie Cooper`s 1933 QSL: http://www.nrcdxas.org/ERC_Veries/KS/KGNO.pdf
Can`t find a KGNO website (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540 kHz, Jan 28 at 1513 UT station in Spanish with 214 area code, therefore the 32-kW KZMP, licensed to University Park, the suburb named for SMU in The Metroplex. But more significantly, it was bothered by IBOC (boo, hiss), and so was KOMA-1520 OKC, at this late hour. AFAIK, this could only be coming from WCKY 1530 Cincinnati (or whatever the calls are this week), and there was a strong AM talker on 1530 I did not try to ID (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1690, WVON Berwyn IL, Jan 28 at 1511 UT running opinion disclaimer, then the Santita (sp?) Jackson Show, and she IDed it as ``The Talk of Chicago, 1690, WVON``. I would think that one of the bigger stations would have locked up that slogan in that market. This in the bright sunlite on our ice and snow, but solar angle still plenty low for strong skywave from over a megameter away on the X-band. This station must also be the source of IBOC hiss I often hear on 1680, altho not at this moment (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)