Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna/ALA 100

At 09:33 PM 1/27/2009, you wrote:
>Walt,
>
>I knew the Magnetic North was different than True North, but I had no
>idea, it was "That" much different. I fiqred maybe 5 degrees. Then if I
>am sitting at the beverage running 60-70 deggres, does that knock it off
>by 15 deggres farther to the East? In other words, if the Magnetic North
>via the Compus is at 65 degrees, the Beverage is really looking at 80
>degrees?
Patrick, you're on the right track.  If it's -17.5 mag declination, then your compass will read low, so 60 to 70 should be 77.5 to 87.5 degrees....more like the middle of the South Atlantic!  I really like the Google Earth idea of Chris'....I'm going to have to try that one for my Beverages on the Charlottes.......Walt.