Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:07 AM
Subject: [IRCA] TP for 27 Jan from Victoria, BC

Things are improving, as a number of Chinese rose briefly to fair strength at various times; in fact CNR-1 on 945 was still delivering some audio at 1610UT, after pretty much everything else was gone. The Japanese big guns were a little on the anemic side, however.

Listened from 1430 to 1530UT with a couple of stops by the radio thereafter.

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly):

594 JOAK, again the most consistent Japanese this morning

reasonable audio at times during the period (though often battling w/splash or noise):

603 likely S. Korea, several times after 1505, but parallel on 558 not co-operative
639 CNR-1 //5030
774 JOUB
828 JOBB
936 likely Anhui; CC talk by woman fading up briefly at 1530UT
945 CNR-1 //5030 at 1452
1287 likely JOHR at 1539UT
1377 CNR-1 //5030 at 1508
1566 HLAZ at 1540UT ;  monster carrier as usual
1575 presumed VoA at 1513

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:

747 JOIB
855 likely N. Korea u/big hum on channel at 1516UT
972 presumed HLCA
1134 music at 1450, Japan or Korea most likely

936 likely Anhui at various times 1515 to 1545UT
954 likely JOKR at 1551UT
1278 seemed CC at 1527
1287 JOHR likely 1526UT and later
1377 CNR1 //5030 at 1602UT
1503 JOBK //594 at 1542, big carrier

Burbles in the splatter and noise:

279 likely R. Rossii at 1511
558  JOCR or S. Korea presumed
567 JOIK //594 at 1504 and other times, never really strong
657 N. Korea likely at 1501, big hum on channel
918 likely CC, various times
1044 at 1506UT; CRI?
1242 likely JOLF

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter): lots

best wishes,

Nick