Re: [IRCA] How much does IBOC cost?

Don't the costs include a software license fee? I recall reading somewhere
that a bunch of licenses will be coming up for renewal this year. Is that
correct?

If so, I'd be interested in what the fee is and/or how it's calculated.
(Maybe it's the same for all stations.) I'd also be interested in whether a
station could justify not renewing -- thus abandoning IBOC -- or whether
that's tough to do because they've already sunk so much in the technology.