Re: [IRCA] ALA 100

Walt,

Thanks again. Really running a coax return out to that tree may pose
another issue, as cows are out there and could easily step on the cable
and break it. I had to put metal screening around the termination pot as
they kept crewing on it and breaking the wire. A couple weeks ago, I
would have needed a row boat to get out to the pot. (Not kidding!) or
very tall boots. The soft ground is almost like quicksand in the Winter.
I wonder how an ALA loop would work aimed E/W?  Is the pattern as
forgiving as a EWE or K9AY's pattern? If so, the ALA might be a decent
option. Since I have never tried one, what kind of ground is needed? Not
an issue here, but I wonder. You do have me thinking more seriously
about the ALA. Again, it would be worth trying to compare it to other
antennas including the beverage. I am sold on the old EWE for TPs & DUs,
I have used for 28 years now. There may be something better out there
too.  Thanks again.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin