Re: [IRCA] OT: well, it's Farda related I guess

Re: [IRCA] OT: well, it's Farda related I guess

Nick,

I have a report out to Radio Farda, the VA address in the U.S. I hope
they QSL in time. I have heard they are slow getting to reports. I had a
really nice ID a few months back when I first heard them. It is amazing
UAE makes it right over the pole so easily when CX are good. Still no
sign of 1521 here though. I did get bits of audio the other night on 864
(Egypt?). Never did pin down 1044 earlier. I did not go back to it as I
was too busy on LW. LW has been amazing with at least a strong carrier
on about every channel and audio on so many,
153/162/171/180/189/198/216/225/234/252.  Amazing. Wish I could ID more.
Never ever seen this. But I never played around on LW TAs before now.
Back in 1980, I did not have a receiver with LW when CX were great. The
SP-600 did not have it. I have three receivers with LW now.
   I need to fiquare out now to get this same TA lobe on MW with the
beverage. It was too cold this afternoon to add a wire // to the
beverage. That might work. At least it is an easy to do.
   The ALA100 or any loop would have to take our winds if I was to put
it out permanently. Not as easy feat either. The 4 antennas I have are a
chore to keep up in the Winter as you know. At least another wire next
to the beverage would be easy. hi.

73,

Patrick