Re: [IRCA] Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

At 02:00 PM 1/24/2009, you wrote:
>P.S.
>
>Walt,
>
>I think, there might also be an issue with the angle I get the TA's with
>that hill to the NE. Some antennas like the beverage works well, yet the
>EWE's don't.  But that is just a guess. As I have heard more TA activity
>on beverages than other antennas here.
>
>Patrick
Understand your desire to stick with the tried and true.  The nice thing about the ALA, though, is that it takes very little space, and you can increase gain (but perhaps noise too) with 2 or 3 loops of wire.  In my original configuration, I had it on the ground with a loop perhaps 10 feet circumference only with 2 or 3 loops and it still performed very well on LW.  I now have a single loop up around 20' off the ground and about 40' around.  Something to think about......Walt.