Re: [IRCA] 1413

At 08:10 PM 1/22/2009, you wrote:
>Thanks Walt!!!! Much appreciated. It is nice to have someone that
>understands the language here.  OK, Radio PMR. I have the cassette
>running so I may have an ID. I wonder if they QSL?
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager

They're a quasi-independent rump state that's broken away from Moldova, and is recognized by no one except Russia, who also happens to have a fairly large "peace-keeping' contingent there.  The Russians have a history of doing the
same thing in other places (like Georgia) ....the old "divide and conquer" routine.  I tried QSLing the international service, but never got a reply.  Don't know whether anyone else has ever had any luck....not sure how the mail gets
there either....surely not through Moldova....perhaps via Russia or Ukraine.......Walt.