Re: [IRCA] Greenland-720

Hi Nick,

You may be right, as I heard it in 1975 in an apt. in Astoria using a 3
foot boxloop! I sent a report and got a letter back saying that AFRTS
Greenland did not have permission to QSL I was disappointed at the time,
but later in 1976, I got a form letter QSLing my report. Apparently in
the few months that followed they got permission to QSL.. They also sent
a copy of  the Thule News. I was sure thrilled with that one, running 1
KW. Never heard it since and years ago they moved to FM I believe. But I
never logged another Greenland station. I used to sit on 700 and 720
looking for Greenland when the channels were clear years ago, but never
a peep on either of those. Probably due to a AU Zone. But I am happy
to have gotten at least Thule 1425.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin