Re: [IRCA] 1240 Perseus spectral analysis during the WOON test

At 07:49 1/19/2009, Don Moman wrote:
>From Paul's comment I took a careful look at 1239.2 and 1240.8 using the Perseus (with ~800' beverage in that direction) on a narrow spectrum span and lots of averaging.

I did something very similar with an SDR-14 recording, Don, but couldn't find any signs of anything that was consistently 800 Hz either side of 1240 kHz, either at the times you mentioned, or any other times.  The Beverage you used probably helped, and the Perseus might have been useful also!

Glad someone had some success with the technique.

Thanks to the organizers of the test, and to Dave Pyatt and Bill Whitacre who verified that it was 800Hz CW we were hunting for.

best wishes,

Nick