Re: [IRCA] Victoria TP's for 01-14-09

At 08:04 PM 1/14/2009, you wrote:
>At 15:58 1/14/2009, you wrote:
>
>>774 borderline audio at 1500 UTC
>>
>>828 near imaginary het
>>
>>972 het.
>
>The secret seems to be to start earlier these mornings, though even then, the pickings are slim, just not quite so slim as later. (mind you, the propagation monitor shows that JOAK-594 peaked at 1110UT this morning which is a bit early to be getting up)
>
>At 1344UT, 774 and 828 both had reasonable, but not outstanding audio, and 873 had audio traces (all NHK2).  But, I needed to go to work, so didn't listen much later on while preparing for the day; every time I checked it was just that little bit worse it seemed.    I must have missed the opening that Dennis had, though...
>
>Nick

This is most interesting, fellas!  Why I say this is that this simply is NOT the case further north from my Queen Charlotte DX site.  I've tried plenty of times getting up very early....11:00 UTC ish, and the results have been poor to say the least.  However, around dawn, things just take off in a major way and continue for hours after dawn in the winter, and perhaps 30 to 60 minutes in the spring/summer/fall.  I really wonder what would explain this.  It would be very interesting to set up Nick's propagation monitor on the Charlottes and view the results over a season or two!  .....Walt.