Re: [IRCA] Crate Loop kits now available

Re: [IRCA] Crate Loop kits now available

Hello Guys,

     Kevin's Crate Loop article was one of many he has  written in an effort
to provide practical information to curious hoobyists, in a  very concise and
understandable format.  Like John has mentioned, I doubt  that Kevin has ever
claimed to be a provider  of breakthrough antenna concepts.

     Those with limited technical abilities have  benefited greatly from
Kevin's simplified articles, both in the concepts of  passive loop antenna
systems, and in his simplified summaries of Ultralight  radio capabilities.  His
articles are certainly helpful for those  without much experience in the hobby, or
for those needing inexpensive ways  to boost their reception capabilities.
The key points are his rare  willingness to go out of his way to help
beginners, and his simple  objective to share his knowledge and discoveries with those
who might benefit  from them.  Even without any cutting-edge technological
breakthroughs, this  type of motivation is exactly what makes our radio hobby
grow in  popularity, and provide new excitement for those beginners seeking to
improve their DXing capabilities.  As such, regardless of our technical  skill
level, we all could benefit from Kevin's example of  sharing knowledge and
experience with those less fortunate, and provide a  major boost to our radio
hobby by having a similar motivation.

    73,  Gary  DeBock

In a message dated 1/9/2009 4:08:30 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,