Re: [IRCA] Antenna Projects (Crate Loop)

Re: [IRCA] Antenna Projects (Crate Loop)

Hi David:

I run my passive loop outputs (Crate Loop, Terk Loop, etc.) through an
MFJ-1020C or Palstar AA30 preselector, both of which have built-in
amplifiers, and it really helps.  In fact, the little Terk Loop and
Palstar AA30 combination gives about the same signal as the Quantum Loop!

I know you can buy stand-alone amplifiers, but the 1020C and AA30 probably
aren't that much more $$$, and you get a lot more funtionality, plus they
have SO-239 connectors ready to go.  In my experience with these two
units, the AA30 delivers more gain to the receiver, but the 1020C tunes
much sharper and therefore helps with adjacent interference and
images/spurs.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA