Re: [IRCA] Open Carrier on 740 KHz

Could this be WPAQ Mount Airy, stuck on high power and having lost its
program feed?

There are NO CP's for 740 with regards to construction of new stations.

Youve also got a 740 in Williamsburg, VA and Martinsburg, VA with single
digit night power.

You've got 740's in Humboldt, Harrogate and Tullahoma, TN which are also
daytimers or with peanut power.

How strong is the 740 signal with the open carrier? Even though WPAQ is a
daytimer with 7 watts at night, they do sign off.. could something have
gotten stuck, they didn't sign off and stayed at high power? They are the
closet to you.. and I dont know DXing like some of you do... but would an
open carrier of only a few watts be strong enough to detect it from hundreds
of miles away (IE: VA and WV from where Charles is?)

Paul Walker
www.onairdj.com

--
Sincerely,