Re: [IRCA] UNIDS on 1710

On Friday 02 January 2009 23:13, Ken Baird wrote:
> Hello from Scotland,
>
>  there are seemingly 2 and maybe 3 stations heard last night here
> on 1710, but I have not the faintest idea of their identity or
> location..
>
> Does anyone fancy having a stab at this recording 0130 3rd Jan.
>
> http://193.63.162.100/downloads/mw_dxing/clips/090103_0130_1710_uni
>d_2_stns.mp3
>
> It would be nice to know exactly what we are hearing over here....
> Last night was certainly the best I have heard it, but there was
> more than 1 station being heard!!

I had a listen, and I believe it's the same two stations that I
normally hear on 1710.  One is located in the Brockton MA area, and
programs in French for the local Haitian community.  They ID as Radio
Soleil International, and they have a website:
http://www.radiosoleilinternational.com  They even have streaming, so
you can check to see if it's // to what you're hearing, if you're
DXing live.

The other station is programmed in Spanish, IDs as Radio Celestial,
and is said to be in the Bronx (NYC) area.  Some more info can be
found at:
http://www.inspiracioncelestial.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1022

Both stations are pirates, of course!

Lubavitcher Radio, the widely-heard Jewish pirate station on 1710 in
Brooklyn NY, has not been heard here lately, but I haven't heard
anything about whether they've shut down, changed frequency, or
whatever.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON