Re: [IRCA] Unheard Oregon stations from Salmon Creek, WA

Re: [IRCA] Unheard Oregon stations from Salmon Creek, WA

Dennis,

I think all call letters are correct, but there have been several that
have changed format.

1340  KIHR  Common here off eastern beverage days in the jumble. You
should nab this one if you get by 1330.

1230  KKEE  Now Talk/Sports, run Prgressive talk and local and regional
sports

1440  KODL  Now NOS, audible all day off the Eastern beverage, but they
are not as strong as they once were before they lost their old tx site.

790  KWIL  A piece of cake here off the SW EWE days and mixing at night.
You should have no trouble with this. Used to hear it in the 70s when I
lived in NW Portland, by nulling KPDQ.

1400   KBCH  The coastal stations don't seem to skip well over the Coast
Range in many cases, but you should have a spot at this. Now NOS/TLK, a
regular here at 80 miles daytime.

1240  KEJO  Another regular here days mixing with KGY. You should have
no trouble with this as I heard it every day while living in NW Portland
in the 70s. Now Talk/Sports.

1340  KLOO  Another easy one while I lived in NW Portland null 1330 and
you should hear it.

1230  KCUP, Common here when phaing KKEE days, but never heard in
Portland, but Gresham in on 1230 too. Now Talk.

820  KORC  A weak regular here off SW EWE days. Occasionally heard at
night with 15 watts, NOS format. Doesn't get out that well.

1320  KSCR  Eugene. You should hear this with little effort, if you can
get by 1330. KSCR is heard here u/KXRO days.

1450  KZLS This is the old KEED and they used to get out well when KBPS
was off.
I get it here in the jumble. Now SS Sports

940  KICE  Try at LSR. When they boost up to 10 KW. Woodburn as I
remember is fairly strong in Portland though. SPT now

1400  KNND  I just heard this a couple weeks back while sitting on 1400
in the evening. They get out well.

1250  KCST  I get this one weakly days when phasing Seattle. Run NOS.
Doesn't get out well. While driving through Florence it was rather weak
for a local on the van radio.

580  KGAY   A regular all day here, now SS

1090  KLWJ  Another one that doesn't get out well to the West Sometimes
in the afternoons mixing with KPTK.

1360  KOHU  A regular here at night, but Hillsboro may be an issue for
you.

950  KTBR  I still hear this one during AU cx or around LSS, before they
drop power, but KJR is strong. NPR

1490  KSKR  Heard often in the jumble at night. Now SPT

1420  KMHS  A toughie here with KITI, but if I work at it, I ca get
phase on KITI and hear bits of KMHS. Now C&W.

1240  KTIX  A regular topping the channel most night off the Eastern
beverage. A pest here.

630  KWRO   A regular here 24/7. Strong days.

1400  KJDY  Often here this one in the jumble at night. Used to be rare
in the 70s as they had a short operation day.

1450  KLBM  Another I hear in the jumble at night

1270  KAJO  Common here, especially when KBAM is off days.

1230  KZZR   Another rare one in the 70s, now common at night in the
jumble.

910  KURY  A real toughie through the years, but I have heard them in
recent years in the afternoons in the Winter, but 910 Vancouver is
strong.  Now NOS

880  KCMX  Common here, but KWIP may be stronger for you.

1300  KAPL  Should be easy for you to hear, topping the channel often
during the day with KKOL and KACI

1230  KSJK   Common here at night when phasing KKEE. NPR

1490  KBKR   Common in in the jumble at night

1150  KAGO  Easy here at night, but with Portland running 24/7, you
might have to try when they are off.

1450  KFLS  Another in the jumble at night. Now NOS/TLK

1070  KRAM   Silent. Never returned to the air in several years.

1340  KWVR  Another that was very rare in the 70s, but now common in the
jumble at night often.

1230  KQIK   Common here with KKEE phased at night. Gets out well.

1380  KSRV  You should no trouble with this one. They get out well, now
C&W. A regular any night.

Good luck with nabbing these.

73,

Patrick