[IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX......OK..It shouldn't be this hard!!!!

[IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX......OK..It shouldn't be this hard!!!!

Hi Guys:

 Well...after logging  ULR # 599 yesterday morning..I figured by this
morning......# 600 would be in the Bag and I could sit back and relax.
NO CIGAR!!

I DX'd 4 Hours at Sunset last night..at least another 4 Hours through
the night..and about 3 Hours at Sunrise this morning...and didn't log a
single station that was new!!?? I heard a lot of Good Stuff...even WJOE
on 700 Khz again.......but no way could I find a NEW ONE!! A couple of
times I got all excited thinking I had a NEW ONE...and it turned out to
be a RELOG!! DRATS!!

I even used various Radios thinking that might help...and I got the Wife
to BUZZ all my Hair Off...thinking that a BALD HEAD might be Lucky!!
All that did was make me look like Buddha!! AHHAHHHA....Where`s my
Horseshoe.....

I guess that's what makes this hobby Fun..never knowing what is gonna
happen!! The previous 2 Days were Great, yesterday and this morning
just plain STUNK!!

Most likely when I do find # 600 I will log about 5 other new ones
within an hour of hearing it!!

I still have 4 days left til the end of the year ...so hopefully I can
squeak one more out before then!! I will not surrender....but I sure
hope I'm not in one of those 5 Days Droughts!!

I'll be back at the dials this afternoon about 1400 EST.......hoping
something better happens today.....

The Propagation Gods are making me work for this!!

73...ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA