Re: [IRCA] Phasing Question

> Has anyone had any success in phasing a 2ft tuned Sanserino loop
> with another antenna? I would like to do this with mine as I like
> it's gain except I cannot fully null one of my locals unless the
> loop is almost laying flat which also kills the DX. The station
> is a 10KW and 60 miles away so I would think that it shouldn't be
> too hard to phase it into the noise. Any and all comments and
> advice appreciated.

You may want to try this:

http://www.am-dx.com/simple_phaser.htm

It's dead simple to make and only requires one part, a potentiometer.  While
this is being used on an untuned loop, it probably will work with a tuned
loop as well.  I have used it to null my locals down to the noise.  For
example, the strongest local I have is a 5kw on 790 about four miles away.
I've pulled it down enought that CIGM in Canada is in at a listenable level.
I also have a nearly identical system in my truck.  While parked about 100'
from a tower with 1kw on 550, I was able to null that down so stations on
540 and 560 were perfectly listenable.

The first version I built required a pot from maybe 250-1000 ohms, a few
clip leads, and a "Tee" coax connector.  And a couple of short cables.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI