Re: [IRCA] CJCA-930 Edmonton AB to move xmtr site

Re: [IRCA] CJCA-930 Edmonton AB to move xmtr site

Pete and the rest:

According to my very old (1970s) NRC pattern book, CJCA's night pattern has a large main lobe north and a small lobe to the southwest, with very little power in other directions. They may be moving the tx south as a way of improving night coverage in the city. I forwarded Dean's post to a former IRCA member in Edmonton, who's already looking into it.

Bruce

Pete Taylor wrote:
Dean,

Their pattern is not on Radio Locator so I was just wondering if there was a particular reason cited in their proposal for the move like industrial buildup around their current site, area population shift, etc. It won't make much difference here as they are already dominant. Thanks.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA