Re: [IRCA] WOON DX Test

> > The weather conditions here are really quite poor.  It's been snowing
since
> > Friday afternoon and there's about of foot of snow.  Still coming down
as I
> > send this, which is rather unusual.  It doesn't often snow here for days
in
> > a row.  It's entirely possible that if the test had to be run manually
> > instead of just pushed into the automation that the person couldn't make
it
> > last night.  Driving conditions are not good.
>
> The test was scheduled (or so we thought) properly into the automation and
> intended to be run completely automated for the entire hour. I spoke to
Jay
> Rogers last night and that's what he told me.

No prob...  Just offering a possibility.  Given the weather, is it at all
possible the transmitter got knocked off?  It's still really nasty around
here.

I wonder if they would consider running a morse code ID every morning at
3am?  One thing we did do many years ago in a VT test was use a 5KHz morse
code tone.  That puts it above the audio response of a lot of radios, yet
into the clear for DXers.  Set a receiver in CW mode with a very narrow
bandwidth tuned to either 1235 or 1245.  I'd bet there isn't a local
listener at that hour of the day that would even notice.

I tried to set that for WNBH-1340 and WLKW-1450 some time back, but no luck.
I'll try again...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI