[IRCA] Reintroduction

Hi There - been awhle since I was heard here.  I took the opportunity to do
some early listening, something I have time for, but seldom do.  I retired
10/1/2008 after 32 yrs with the US Forest Service, and came into a bit more
time on my hands, but less willing to get up early.

But I did today and used my new RFSPACE SDR-IQ to LOOK at the available TP"S
- it was fun seeing them all center up when I set the TS to 9Khx, but I was
only able to see them, my antennea did not produce anymodulation.  But the
SDDR-IQ is VERY cool.  I never knew what noise there is around me!

I'm hoping to put up a EWE pointed at JA land, then we will see (literally).

My history-

I got involved in SWL and MW in abt 1960 or so using a halicrafters SX-62
and a random wire.  Had lots of fun collecting R Habana and R Moscow, WLW,
WBZ, WBBS, etc .. and left the hobby abt 1967.  Returned 1978-1980, 1997-98,
and more recently 2003-now. Got amateur license 2004 and hold General now.
Equipment include IC-PCR1500, IC-R75, IC-746pro, SDR-iq, IC-910H,
IC-706MkIIg, Antennas include a G5RVjr, evesdroop SWL, MFJ-1020 active
antenna, lottsa VHF skyhooks.  I have a city lot in the North of portland so
I have to guy top-rail to get horz wire but an EWE might fit, IF I can get
the SO to approve - but wait! it's winter and no one will notice!!

Until later, 73

--
Mary Anne Sanford
W7MAS