Re: [IRCA] Night time Paper clip antenna band scan

Re: [IRCA] Night time Paper clip antenna band scan

Hi Kevin,

Yes the JRC NRD 545 has a hi-Z input switch that the
user can switch between 50 ohm and hi-Z.
The paper clip works much better on the hi-Z
mode.  Since most stations around here lower
power at night I will test the difference during
the day.

Just measured the paper clip and it's 7 inches in length.
Have KGO 810 in with S-0 with audio and a little noise.
100% readable.  KJR 950 also in with S-0 signal with
good audio with little noise.

Thanks for the tip Kevin.  Might try next a small ewe
antenna using a 18 kt necklace about 18" long with
drinking straws for masts.

Gotta go, KSL 1160 in coming in.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA