Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Application of CKKY-830 Wainwright AB to move to FM DENIED by CRTC

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 09:37 -0800, Patrick Martin wrote:
> Interesting. This nixes the whole plan it seems now. I wonder if
> Athabasca 850 will even bother moving from 850 to FM now? Could CFCW
> move to 850 rather than 840? But the CFCW pattern would then have to
> protect KOA. 860 SK may be an issue then.

It might be too early to regard the whole plan as over.

Note that the decision suggests an FM conversion would be approved if a
different set of FM parameters (that didn't cover Lloydminster) were
requested.

So if CKKY's business plan doesn't require serving Lloydminster, they
might refile the FM plan at lower power or from a different site and be
likely to be approved.

It's been a LONG time since I was in Lloydminster, don't recall whether
CKKY's AM signal is "non-DXer quality" there.

I don't think CFCW would get bent out of shape if they had to protect
KOA and the Saskatoon station.  I think they're only interested their
signal to the north -- over Edmonton.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66