Re: [IRCA] the struggles of HLAZ to be heard

---- Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The station here is involved heavily in the CQWW CW contest this weekend so
> have not been paying attention to that part of the spectrum,

Don, heard you yesterday on 14028 kc at 2254z, could not raise you.

I worked four Japanese stations, JH1OGC, JA5FDJ, JA2FJP yesterday
and JA1VND this morning, all in the 1150z - 1230Z range, all on 80 meters
(3510 to 3515 kc range) running a TS-430S barefoot (100 w output) to
an end fed random wire about 80 ft long, 45 foot high with MFJ 989C tuner.
Location is near Lakeland, central Florida. Local sunrise about 1215Z
nowadays. JA5FDJ was peaking at 589 here and apparently has some
spectacular antenna to be heard so well.

I am just "cherrypicking" in the contest, about 70 QSO's but got HC8N
on 160 and 3X5A on 3 bands. Everything with 100 watts.

73 Bob