Re: [IRCA] Ireland 549 into Wisconsin tonite with C&W mx.

On Saturday 29 November 2008 19:55, neilkaz wrote:
>  LWers in and quite good low band TA MW cx including 549 Ireland
> with C&W mx audible at times past WGR. 558 Spain // 585..531 was //
> Spain o/Algeria.. 603 is France and no Spain there so far tonite.
> 756 Germany decent at times. 720 has Portugal behind WGN. Earlier
> 675 Libya with AA talk // 972 (both poor to fair) and with
> Holland's rlg mx under.

Ireland 549 also heard here last night for the first time, peaking
strongly around 0300 utc.  Very strange to hear C&W on a Euro
channel...  I was gazing at the EMWG and pondering who it might be,
when my wife came along, looked over my shoulder, and pointed out
this station called "Hot Country-CIMR" in Monaghan, Ireland.  Eureka!

Conditions were also good to the west last night... I surprised myself
by catching KNX briefly rising up over a somewhat-nulled CHOK with an
ID at 2307 EST.  Only heard once before, and I never expected it to
happen with 1070 hammered from both sides by IBOC, but WTIC
cooperated by leaving theirs off last night, and KYW's hiss was
subdued somewhat by using LSB.  Also noted were western indicators
such as CKLQ-880, CJGX-940, CHRB-1140 (huge!), CBK-540, and I'm
pretty sure CKWX was in the mix on 1130.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON