[IRCA] Ultralight Anniversary Award for Kevin Schanilec

[IRCA] Ultralight Anniversary Award for Kevin Schanilec

Hello Guys,

     The Ultralight Radio enthusiast group has many  things to be thankful
for today--  an exciting new way to enjoy AM-DXing, a  well established awards
and records program, a fantastic Canadian web site for  group communication--
and a core group of dedicated DXers who helped start and  organize the movement.

     We are especially thankful for the outstanding  DXer who gave us the
"Ultralight Radio" name-- Kevin Schanilec.  From the  very beginning of the
movement, Kevin has played a central role in promoting,  reviewing and testing
Ultralight radios, as well as contributing many  outstanding technical articles
(including his classic description of audio  phasing techniques).  Kevin's
technical and equipment review articles  have been extremely popular on the DXer.Ca
web site, and Kevin has volunteered  his time to serve on both the Ultralight
Definitions Committee, and the  Ultralight Contest Committee.

     Recently Kevin has written another classic  technical file, describing
the use of Passive Loop Antennas.  Kevin has  continually been a leader in the
experimentation to boost Ultralight radio  reception using inductively coupled
active and passive loop systems, providing  an inexpensive way for apartment
and townhouse DXers to increase the performance  of their Ultralight radios.

     In appreciation of Kevin's outstanding  contributions to the Ultralight
Radio DX movement, he  will now have a new radio to enjoy during this winter
DX  season--  a new, fully modified E100 Ultralight (Slider loopstick and
Murata CFJ455K5 IF filter), designed as the ultimate stand-alone AM-DXing
portable for both 9 KHz split DXing, and for domestic DXing.  This  fanatical
creation will hopefully express the appreciation of all Ultralight  Radio DXers for
Kevin's generous and innovative  efforts, in promoting our exciting new niche
hobby.

     On behalf of the Ultralight Radio leadership, I  take great pleasure in
presenting Kevin with this Founders Award, and know  that other ULR DXers will
join me on this Thanksgiving Day in  expressing their gratitude for his many
contributions!

     73 and Good DX,

     Gary DeBock and John Bryant  (for the  Ultralight Radio DXing Group)

AOL.com.