Re: [IRCA] Victoria TP's for 11-25-08

At 16:51 11/25/2008, Colin wrote:

>Out the door early but quick look at 1525UTC -
>
>Wispy audio on 567, 594, 774, 828, 972 etc...
>Loud het on 801...
>
>Quite seriously had the radio on for less than 1 minute.
>LSR was a good 1/2 hour away - so not sure what came up.

Not too much....had to go to work myself, so didn't spend as much time as I would have liked, but conditions were generally poorer anyway.  Having said that, there were still some good signals, just didn't last long.  Listened from 1420 to 1430UT and 1520 to 1540.

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly):

774 JOUB
828 JOBB
972 HLCA
none of them for more than a few tens of seconds at a time

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (though often battling w/splash or noise):

594 JOAK
747 JOIB later on, drawing up the rear again for the three big NHK2 stations
936 soft mx coming up at 1534UT, likely Anhui
1134 two stations, likely Japan and Korea

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:

567 JOIK //594
639 CNR1//5030 earlier, but later was something else, heard on both N and W Flags so likely not Fiji; but was not //NHK1 or 2, but there was no STV parallel available
1206
1242
1287
1377 CNR1//5030
1566 big carrier, not much audio

Burbles in the splatter and noise :

756
801 as noted by Colin, but a touch of audio
873 JOGB //774
945 no parallel in the short time it was up
1188
1278
1314
1503
1512

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):
 1098, 1251

best wishes,

Nick