[IRCA] TP for 23 Nov from Victoria, BC--

[IRCA] TP for 23 Nov from Victoria, BC--

Started listening earlier this morning 1345UT again, through to 1600 with the occasional break, and the results again reflect the time spent on it. Most of the barely there audios made only brief appearances.    "A bad day's fishing..." I think is the best description for the most part, but was completely redeemed at the end by hearing NHK2 on 1539.  That qualifies as DX in my book.

Walt's description covered my earlier listening period as well, and there really wasn't a pronounced sunrise lift.  As he mentioned, 1323 did come out of the murk, but was really the only one to both deliver good audio, and to stick around for awhile.   Several like 1539 were really only around for a few minutes after 1530UT.  774 itself barely survived until the 1600UT s/off, but some of the higher band held on until later.  972 at 1731UT is a bit of a record for me, even it if the audio was just a mumble on a good strength carrier.

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly):

774 JOUB
828 JOBB

both these were earlier; after 1500UT they weren't particularly strong

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (though often battling w/splash or noise):

279 R. Rossii at 1352
567 JOIK //594
594 JOAK
747 JOIB; didn't even make it to this strength until just before 1500
972 HLCA usual huge carrier, weakish audio; still bits of audio to be heard at 1726 and 1731UT,  latest ever for this at home
1323 CRI, best at 1529 w/quiet vocal mx;  earlier talk had been murky
1566 as usual, didn't really start to deliver audio until 1530UT though good strength carrier most of morning
1593 CNR1//5030 at 1545UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:

153 and 189 R. Rossii
648 mx at 1412; couldn't find a VoR parallel
693 JOAB //774 at 1413
954 likely JOKR
1134 two stations mixing, one //972 for  Korea
1206 rough audio likely China
1242 likely JOLF  at 1545
1503 JOUK //594, best at 1535UT
1539 NHK2 synchros; man talking slowly in JJ 1534UT //828.  A bit of an echo on this as well; nothing listed over 100w, so guess maybe one or two may not be entirely locked together.  Possibly my catch of the season.

Burbles in the splatter and noise:
558
612 DU briefly w/talk at 1416UT, likely 4QR
639 CNR1 //5030
666 JOBK //594
684
936
945 CNR1 //5030 at 1515
1017 not //NHK2, likely CRI
1044 CRI talk by woman //7190 at 1440, but parallel seemed to have disappeared closer to 1500UT
1053
1224
1287 at 1536UT; presumably JOHR...this has been surprisingly poor the last couple of mornings
1377 //5030 at 1521UT
1512 brief peak at 1535UT, at least two stations, one might have been NHK2
1557 WYFR with the usual slow talking deep-voiced man, at 1515UT
1575

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):     738, 1188, 1404, 1584 w/hum

best wishes,

Nick