[IRCA] TPs for 22Nov08 from Victoria: Strong upper band!

[IRCA] TPs for 22Nov08 from Victoria: Strong upper band!

Contrary to the fellas in Alberta, this was a very exciting morning here in Victoria.  I do concur with conditions favouring the upper band, although I did start rather late at 15:04 UTC and am still listening to 1566 which has been interesting with HLAZ blasting in, but with a good cochannel present as well  (haven't heard any DU activity for some time, so who knows).  I think that John would have had a ball today at his Orcas home....hopefully he's home safe and sound in Stillwater, OK.  The lower band was anemic, but  I'm wondering whether this was simply me missing the action getting up too late.  Anyhow, here are my findings for the morning.  I monitored from 1602 down, and spent most of my time at the top end only.  SF 70 A1 K0.

1593:  CNR1 at 8 level plus another cochannel.
1584:  7 level.
1575:  VOA at 7.5
1566:  HLAZ at 8 level, and another cochannel consistently there.  At 15:55, this one has EZL music in the background.
1557:  WYFR at 8 level.
1539
1512:  NHK2 at 7 level at 15:24
1503:  2 cochannels.  One Asian, one? DU?
1485:  Not sure who this is with 7 level at 15:30.  Not CNR1 anyway.
1404
1395:  Really strong CC station at 8+ level at 15:36 ?Anhui
1377:  CNR1 at 6 level
1359, 1323, 1305, 1287, 1278:  all 6 level
1242:  CC at 15:41 at 7 level
1188, 1143
972:  presumed KK at 15:44
963:  7 level CRI
873:  NHK2 at 15:47 at 7
828:  9 level NHK2 at 15:04 plus 1 other.
774:  NHK2 at 7 level late at 15:46.  Nice at sign-off at 16:00.  8 to 9 level still.
594:  8 level NHK1 at 15:28.

Great conditions for the latter part of November.  I think that I had pretty much given up at this point last year!.......Walt   (looking forward to some TA activity tonight!)