Re: [IRCA] as early as you can get TA indication Nov 21

At 21:33 11/21/2008, you wrote:

>At 19:32 11/21/2008, you wrote:
>
>>1159 local time (1859 ut) so thought I should check for 1575 and others,
>>

>..will have to check the exact frequencies.

By 2210UT, the suspected UAE carrier was clearly audible in Victoria, as Walt noted, while the other "possible TP" one was pretty much gone.

The MWoffset list says UAE is 1575.0000 kHz, and the Spectran display says that to within a small fraction of a Hertz.    The other carrier was about 5 Hertz lower, so not Thailand....which is also supposed to be pretty much spot on the channel.

Another clearly audible carrier was 1467.0026

A number of "barely there's":

1502.9994
1494.0000
1457.9827
1511.9960
1512.0023
1539.0028
1548.0000
1557.0003

and those are just the ones I checked at the top of the band.

some of these would be pretty mouth watering if they delivered audio..MWoffsets says some have the potential to be Middle Eastern.

best wishes,

Nick