Re: [IRCA] QSL # 3,000-KFBX 970

Mike,

Thanks.
I was so avid back in the 60s and later 79-recent that QSLs flew in. I
remember back in the Summer of 79, I went to the post office, I think on
a Wednesday, after I was there on Tuesday. I found seven QSLs, 4 from
Australia and 3 from New Zealand. I got well over 100 or more QSLs a
year easily. Now I struggle to get 40 a year. But I was at the dials
almost every morning 365 days a year and DXed half the night. To be
sure, I lived with a few hours of sleep most nights. It is hard to do
that now at near 60. I was a "Walking-DXing DXer" and I did little else
a lot of the time. Over kill to be certain. Of course, mailing reception
reports was almost a daily thing with me. Few DXers would have lived the
life I did.
But I still love the hobby and always will. It has been fun. So many of
people I new spent money on booze, cigs, and other things. No memories
in those. I probably spent too much on that QSL, but all hobbies cost
money. Hey, I never thought QSLs would be sold on ebay either. :-)

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager