Re: [IRCA] Day Power vs Night Power

The FCC Monitoring Stations are almost all fully automated and can detect stations using "un-authorized" power -- both daytime as well as at night.

--- On Sun, 11/16/08, Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Day Power vs Night Power
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 11:04 PM

I few days ago, there was a post about another station running day power
at night and the attitude at the station that they are staying on day
power because they cannot serve the area with 80 watts, or something
like that at night.  In tuning across the dial tonight, I find several
stations running what I suspect is day power. I am seeing more and more
of it all the time. Some stations running it 24/7 all of the time.
Stations pretty much know, the chances of anything happening is slim. So
they take the chance. With our slow economy, stations are in bad shape.
If they can bump up the power to cover better, they then can sell in a
bigger area and hopefully make a few more bucks. If nothing else, to
keep afloat. It is better than going under. They fiqure "What do I have
to lose?"  What are the chances that they get caught? Is the FCC going
to go to their little town to try and find out. First off, the FCC does
not investagate unless there is a complaint. They don't have the
manpower or money. They just don't care in most cases. So expect more of
it in the future. Be on the lookout as you may nab some new catch.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager