[IRCA] Orcas Isl. TPs: Decent/Good, Not Great

[IRCA] Orcas Isl. TPs: Decent/Good, Not Great

Wow,

With what Nigel and the others did, it "should" have been much better here! I had mostly threshold audio on about 75% of the low band and 20 audios on the upper. Most of it wasn't really that strong, but better than yesterday. Actually the 747//s were not as good as they have been and the 1566+1575 grouping was way down, but both managed audio late. There was a little Russian action low, with 549 barely there in audio and 576 doing fairly well. 648 was a no-show here.

The only item of real interest was the second or third appearance of something just below language recognition on 765. It has a noticeable but very tight (close together) echo. According to PAL, there are actually two possibilities... YBS in the mountains of central Japan with three small transmitters and a Russian near Kharbarovsk with two or more slightly more powerful ones. Given the propagation around them, I tend to suspect the Russians.

Others briefly at listenable levels were 558 JJ from Kobe, 1017 CRI KK Svc. from Manchuria and 1206- KK from Manchuria.

Well, one more morning and then I must pack the antenna and radio........ Monday is moving day.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Slider E100
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest _______________________________________________